Do You Suffer From A Persistent Injury That Isn't Improving?
Have You Got Pain In Your Shoulders, Elbows, Hips, Knees Or Feet?
Shockwave Therapy Could Be The Answer...
What Is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave therapy is a treatment used to treat painful joint/tendon conditions and is an excellent alternative to surgery which is far less invasive. It is well documented and supported by N.I.C.E (National Institute for health and Care Excellence).
The treatment works by delivering a series of high-energy impulses to damaged tissues in the affected area.
Injuries that the treatment is particularly effective with include:
Low Back Pain
What Happens During A Treatment?
Dave will work with you to source the area of pain and then target the area with the shockwave therapy. The shockwave is generated from a hand held probe that rests directly on the skin. The probe produces a pressured energy wave which passes through the skin and into the affected tissue.
What Are The Benefits Of Shockwave Therapy?
- The therapy stimulates the body's natural self-healing process - which can lead to an immediate reduction of pain and improved range of motion.
- Shockwave therapy may also eliminate your need for surgery - and thus a long waiting list!
- Shockwave therapy results in less complications than surgery and is a smoother process.
Is Shockwave Therapy Painful?
The treatment can be a little uncomfortable at first but certainly not painful. Your treatment will start at a lower intensity at first and gradually increase as your tolerance does. No sedation or anaesthetic is required for shockwave therapy.
How Long Does The Treatment Last?
- You should allow for 30 minutes for each treatment - though this will be down to Dave's judgement.
- Some conditions may naturally require longer treatments.
- Normally 3-5 treatments will be necessary at weekly intervals to solve the injury - though again, this depends.
To get the greatest benefit from shockwave therapy at our Move Freely clinic we recommend having a minimum of 3 - 5 treatments. For many this will be all that is needed but for more serious or long-term conditions, extra sessions will be required.
Initial Consultation & Treatment
Follow up Treatments
Package - Initial Consultation & 3 Follow Up Treatments